This soup has only 6 ingredients and is SO delicious! It’s crazy how tasty it is actually. It’s creamy, soothing, light and very satisfying. It’s also gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegan if vegetable broth is used.
This soup is a part of my Fall Cleanse Meal Plan *. Cauliflower is very nourishing to the digestive system, contains nutrients that protect our stomach lining, is very supportive of both Phase I and Phase II liver detoxification and activates important detoxification enzymes. Cauliflower also has rare and potent anticarcinogenic properties. It’s a perfect cleanse food!
- 1 head fresh cauliflower
- 1 onion
- 3 tbsp coconut oil and/or butter
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 cup vegetable stock or bone broth
- 1 cup water +
- 1 tsp Salt & pinch of pepper
- 2 sprigs green onion
- coconut bacon
- Wash, remove leaves and separate cauliflower into small florettes. Chop large stalks into smaller pieces. Roughly chop onion. Finely chop green onion and set aside.
- Heat oil over low heat (2/10). Add onion and cook for 10 minutes until soft and translucent but no browning.
- Add cauliflower, stir, sprinkle with salt and pepper. Increase heat slightly (3/10).
- Add ½ cup coconut milk and ½ cup stock. Stir. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Stir in ½ cup coconut milk, ½ cup broth and 1 cup water. Simmer on low (3/10) for 15 more minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Transfer to blender in batches. Return to pot once blended and smooth.
- Add water 1 tbsp at a time to desired consistency.
- Simmer on low (2/10) for 5 minutes or until ready to serve.
- Ladle into serving bowl, sprinkle with green onion, coconut bacon and sprouts.
* If you are interested in getting a copy of the Fall Cleanse Meal Plan with all recipes and shopping list email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can arrange to have a PDF sent out to you for a small cost.
Nourish & Flourish, Katie.